Associate Financial Planner
Position Overview: The Associate Financial Planner is responsible for the ongoing management and retention of existing client relationships. The role may work in conjunction with other Advisors or other technical specialists to develop advice for clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather all required information from client and input to financial planning software.
- Client relationship development and management, including ongoing and regular client contact and communications.
- Client meeting preparation: review and/or prepare all required paperwork and agendas prior to meetings. • Meet with clients and present planning data with recommendations.
- Prepare Summary of Plan recommendations for final planning meeting.
- Provide objective, unbiased financial advice to a diverse mix of clients by analyzing investment opportunities and client needs.
- Client service, including planning updates, portfolio changes and reviews, returns and new opportunity identification.
- Client asset management, including coordination of complete financial planning and wealth management (analysis, estate planning, tax strategies for assets under management and portfolio management).
- Research plan options for insurance, Roth conversion, SS timing and more.
- Review asset allocations and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Maintains accurate notes and records regarding client matters in the CRM.
- Keeps client team members adequately informed on all active and pending client matters.
- Screen initial prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in investment management and/or financial advisory services with demonstrated ability to develop and manage plans and manage client relationships.
- CFP designation (required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, portfolio management and document management software.
Other Skills & Experience
- Has a deep understanding of RIA channel and independent financial advice delivery.
- Financial planning/wealth management acumen, judgment and experience.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, results oriented and welcomes new challenges.
- Possesses a passion to help new and existing clients.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Uphold firm’s purpose, vision and values.